Adam Ruf • January 2021 • ~6 hours across 2 weeks
I run a contest for UX designers. As part of the way I support contestants, I demonstrate the activities involved in entering the contest. Contest 14 focuses on exercising visual design skills, testing competing visual designs, and constructing case studies that communicate visual design changes.
Apply a new visual language to the SF Zoo website in order to improve the UX, including
Homepage redesign that I tested
Let's take a closer look at some of the changes I made and my thinking behind those design decisions...
Top: current site's accent colors are pulled from nature, and are also fairly muddy; Bottom: the accent colors I selected to help inject energy into the site
I spent less than 5 minutes on fonts.google.com looking for a font that met the following criteria: